THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

18 August, 2009

I should title this...but yeah...

Hide beneath the surface
Suffocate the pain
Anger turning inward
Tears falling in vain

All the misplaced hatred
Burned into my mind
Keeps me chained here, watching
As the world leaves me behind

Screams of silence echo
Throughout this empty heart
Ghosts of the past cry out for justice
As I finally come apart

For so many years you kept me
A prisoner to your lies
Made me believe it was my fault
But now I see through your disguise

No longer will I bear the weight
This guilt belongs to you
One day, I swear, I’ll make you pay
For this Hell you’ve put me through

Very soon the tables will turn
And my soul will be set free
My demons unleashed upon you
Tormenting you for eternity

Now your screams fall upon deaf ears
As I ignore your cries
Soaring free among the stars
My salvation, your demise.

1 comments:

Nolla said...

...wow...well then...that pulled my heart is a thousand lovely directions...I like how...you said what you needed to say without going into details about it, tiptoing around what could be elaborated but not doing so...and honestly, I don't think it needed anymore or any less. That one holds so much pain...and the crippling feeling of defeat at the end, just makes me want to wrap my arms around you and never let go. And...and him? Oh, what I would do to him if I could...*sighs*

Anyway, emotionally? There is no one anyone could read that without feeling something rip in their heart. Which I suppose is a good thing because it means you conveyed your emotions quite intensely. In a literal sense, you used wonderful metaphors again {I particularly like the black coffin idea} and your descriptive language is as incredible as ever. You are really talented and this piece, despite the agony within it, really is a magnificent piece of writing.