THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

11 June, 2009

The Eternal Fool

The Eternal Fool

You play the saint, I play the fool
Around in circles we dance
This careless, endless game of cruelty
A cold deception behind your eyes
As you weave your web around me
Cocooning me with sweet lies
Yet I believe every word as truth
My heart laid bare before you
You bide your time and gain my trust
Spinning a fairytale of dreams
Enrapturing my soul with promises
Of a path out of the darkness
I pin my hopes to the tales you tell
Catching a glimpse of the light
Only to have it flicker and fade
When the web begins to unravel
Revealing the truth, the depths of deception
As your words turn sharp and cold
Tearing apart my delicate heart
And I stare in disbelief, tearful eyes
Watching the world crumble at my feet
Your silver tongue becomes rusted
Lashing out, cutting deep into my soul
Dreams bleeding out into a puddle beside me
The eternal fool, I believed your lies
As you smile, clearly satisfied
That I played your game, to my demise
Your bitterness and hatred my final undoing
As the illusion breaks and reality shines through
How could I have been so blinded?
How could I not see it was all a charade?
Drowning in the realization
That this was never more than a game...

0 comments: