THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

27 June, 2009

Untitled 23

AN: Don't worry, I'm not going to kill myself. I may feel suicidal, but it's nothing I would ever act upon, not really. I've tried to commit suicide before, but I always fail. And I'm sure I'll try again, but I can almost promise you that it will be unsuccessful. Anyway...on to the poem.

Letting go…
Of every dream I held so dear
Every reason to stay here
Slowly fades away
As darkness settles in
Steel my heart…
Detach from reality
No emotions, just numbness
All ties severed completely
Guiltless release…
Simply disappear
No tears left to shed
Becoming nothing
But a distant memory
The pain finally dissipating
Replaced with a cold, dark
Emptiness…
Peace only found when
This shattered heart stills
And this poisoned blood
Runs cold…
Whispering farewell
To the demons in my soul…
Finally free…

1 comments:

Nolla said...

It's totally unfair how incredible you are at writing. Really. You make the rest of us look like novices.

This piece was really quite sad and, while written wonderfully, it had such an aura of hopelessness it made me want to cuddle you quite fiercely. *hugs* Though the ending gave it such a bittersweet feeling...a sort of release that washes over and feels wonderful. Knowing that it gets better because the demons go away. The means by which are a bit upsetting but it changes the tone of the poem and I really like that.

You are an amazing poet and a lovely person.